Part of being a homeowner is managing trash. Many share the same story that junk seems to pile up at a surprising rate and they often have a problem getting rid of items, especially those difficult bulky household items such as broken furniture and old appliances. But any kind of waste can become a challenge, especially when it is allowed to accumulate.
There are ways that you can keep your home and yard free of unwanted waste
- When you decide to carry out a thorough clean-up of your home you will find some items that you didn’t even remember you had, as well as some that you have no further use for, although they may still be in good condition. This could include clothes, utensils, kitchen appliances, and electronic equipment. If they are still usable why not consider selling them? There are plenty of online outlets and you can be sure that there will be a buyer for most of your unwanted goods. You could also just give them away to family or friends who may need them, or you can donate them to your favorite charity. Most charities have thrift stores, and they will be more than happy to accept your unwanted stuff. You can get rid of your children’s toys and clothes by donating them or selling them online. There is a big market in second hand toys and baby items such as cots and strollers. New ones are expensive so many first time parents keep their eyes open for second hand bargains.
- Make full use of your municipality waste removal options. They may have a successful recycling program in place so all you need to do is educate yourself on how it works and how you separate your waste streams.
Most municipalities in York offer a curbside recycling service, or depending on where you live, a drop-off recycling service.
Items that are accepted include:
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Aluminum cans
- Newspaper and cardboard that hasn’t been contaminated by food
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cartons such as those used for milk or juice
- There is a Salvation Army drop off bin for all those clean shoes and clothes you wish to get rid of.
- Hire a professional trash removal company such as Little Green Junk Company when you feel there is too much waste for you to handle or if you have particularly bulky items to get rid of such as an old hot tub, or very heavy items of furniture.
Reasons to Hire a Professional Junk Removal Company
- Professional junk removal companies can come in very useful when you are having a spring clean and need to get rid of your unwanted stuff, moving to a new address, or renovating. When you have a yard clean-out and have piles of grass clippings and pruning’s to get rid of, a professional junk removal company can come to your rescue.
- They will take your unwanted waste off your hands quickly and efficiently and are knowledgeable as to how to dispose of it. They will donate items where they can, recycle where possible, and only use the landfill as a last resort. If you use an unregistered company you will never be sure where your junk is being thrown and may even end up fly tipped into the environment causing unnecessary pollution and degradation. So it is very important to know what happens to your junk once it has been hauled away as we all need to keep our environment clean and healthy.
- These removal services are available on demand, meaning that they offer a same day waste removal service. This is particularly useful if you are packing up to move, or you have had a large clean-out and you need to get rid of the junk immediately. In fact, Little Green Junk will even remove your waste after hours or over a weekend because we understand that if you are conducting a renovation or cleaning up the garden you may need something removed urgently and it cannot wait for the normal rubbish day.
- They will have the correct equipment to pickup your waste and will be able to tell you where they will dispose of it without harming the environment.
Why Use Little Green Junk Company?
Little Green Junk is a licensed, professional company that will remove any of your residential junk you are considering disposing of.
Our pledge is to recycle any items that we can, and we only use the landfill as the last resort. We follow the restrictions that are in place to what can be disposed of in the local landfill. Be aware that there are rogue trash removers out there who will offer you a price too good to be true but will dump your junk illegally with no regard for the environment.
When you wish to hire a junk removal company ask whether they are registered as a waste carrier, they possess up to date liability insurance, and ensure that they issue you with a formal quote and an official invoice displaying company registration and tax numbers. This is one way of making sure that your junk will not end up being dumped indiscriminately and polluting our environment.
At Little Green Junk Company York, PA we take great pride in putting our customers’ needs first and we treat them in a courteous and respectful way. When we arrive on site and have seen the extent of the cleanout, any changes we make to the quote will be discussed and agreed with you before we start.
We will arrive promptly at the scheduled time and if we are running late, we will communicate with you. Once we have completed the job, we will leave that area of the property clean and tidy.
We realise that sometimes you need to get rid of your trash in a hurry, so we offer a same day junk removal service, and we can even help you after hours or over a weekend if that is what you require.
Please call us today on 717 467 0070 when you need a quote for your trash removal.