Holiday Cleaning – Keeping on Top of Clutter and WasteJanuary 10, 2022
Use Your New Year’s Resolutions to Reduce Your Waste ProfileJanuary 24, 2022
Once you have decided that your house needs a cleanout and you need some assistance with your junk clearance, Little Green Junk Company is here to help haul away anything you wish to get rid of, from bulky items like furniture or appliances to any smaller personal belongings. A home cleanout is a large project to undertake and requires some planning to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible.
There are many reasons why people undertake a house clean out. Here are some of them.
- Your house may need a good spring clean before you redecorate, or you may be tired of looking at your overfilled closets, crowded countertops and are overcome with a strong desire to declutter, tidy up, and attain a spick and span looking house.
- If you are relocating to a new address you really don’t need to move belongings and even larger items of furniture or household appliances that you no longer use. Rather trash them before the big move so you don’t pay to move stuff that is no longer needed.
- Are you cleaning out an apartment or house in order to rent it out? Ideally the tenant that has vacated your property should have given your property a thorough clean before leaving, but unfortunately this isn’t always the case. You may have some trash to dispose of before your new tenants can move in. Little Green Junk Company can assist you when you need to get rid of any of this household junk.
- When cleaning out a deceased estate for a family member who has died you may need some help with carting away items that may have accumulated over many years. Once family members have taken what is rightfully theirs, you may be left with items that are not necessarily junk but could be recycled to a thrift shop. Little Green Junk Company can help you with this step as our policy is to recycle as far as possible to ensure that only the minimum reaches our landfills.
Here are some basic procedures to follow to ensure that this house clearing out process goes as smoothly as possible:
Decisions have to be taken as to what you wish to get rid of and what you want to keep. A house clearance gives you the perfect opportunity to get rid of those belongings that have been cluttering up your space for years.
Most houses have those rooms, whether they be the basement, the attic, the garage, or the shed in the yard, which become a dumping ground for anything that needs to be stored, like holiday decorations, or old clothes, toys, and tools. It is often the case of out of sight is out of mind, and you may not even remember what you have put there. By taking this opportunity of throwing out this accumulated junk, you will be able to keep your home organized and claim some space back.
- Take this opportunity of sorting through your clothing. It makes it easier if you have three piles, the Keep, Trash, or Donate pile. Your unwanted clothes in the donate pile can either be sent to your favorite charity shop, or you could sell them online.
Sort through your family’s clothing too and follow the same procedure. Children’s clothes in good condition can be passed onto family members who have younger children. Baby clothes especially are hardly worn and can easily be donated or even sold.
Baby goods such as cots, changing stations, strollers, and car seats are snapped up when placed online for sale. The same goes for children’s toys that are in good condition but that your children may have outgrown, especially Lego, Barbies, and any educational toys and puzzles. New toys are pricey, and there is always someone looking for a bargain so try selling them instead of hanging onto them for another day.
- Sporting equipment like camping equipment you no longer need, skis, golf clubs, hockey sticks, and bikes are sought after so try selling them online instead of allowing them to clutter up your garage or shed.
- Larger bulky items such as furniture, kitchen appliances, or patio furniture that you are replacing can all be donated to charity or sold online if they are in good condition.
Why Use Little Green Junk Company?
Little Green Junk is a licensed, professional company that will remove any of your residential junk you are considering disposing of.
Our pledge is to recycle any items that we can, and we only use the landfill as the last resort. We follow the restrictions that are in place to what can be disposed of in the local landfill. Be aware that there are rogue trash removers out there who will offer you a price too good to be true but will dump your junk illegally with no regard for the environment.
When you wish to hire a junk removal company ask whether they are registered as a waste carrier, they possess up to date liability insurance, and ensure that they issue you with a formal quote and an official invoice displaying company registration and tax numbers. This is one way of making sure that your junk will not end up being dumped indiscriminately and polluting our environment.
At Little Green Junk Company York, PA we take great pride in putting our customers’ needs first and we treat them in a courteous and respectful way. When we arrive on site and have seen the extent of the cleanout, any changes we make to the quote will be discussed and agreed with you before we start. We will arrive promptly at the scheduled time and if we are running late, we will communicate with you. Once we have completed the job, we will leave that area of the property clean and tidy.
Please call us today on 717 467 0070 when you need a quote for your trash removal.