Holiday Waste and How to Ensure a Clean, Green Winter Holiday SeasonJanuary 9, 2022
Does Your Home Need a Clean Out? Let’s Make it Easier for YouJanuary 17, 2022
This is that time of the year when it seems such a task to stay on top of keeping our homes clean and organised. With a flow of visitors and family staying over, gifts being exchanged, and our new purchases adding to the general clutter, it is easy to feel overwhelmed by the mess. And this doesn’t even start with how to keep our kitchen clean and tidy, the recycling of our trash up to date, and our general household waste under control. Little Green Junk Removal
There are some clever ways of keeping some control over this mess. They will go a long way to making sure our homes are kept clean and inviting in spite of the additional traffic. There are also the problem presented by those purchases and gifts that we have acquired over the holidays. Bear in mind that these new items all have to be stored somewhere in our homes and will add to the general clutter.
Some Simple Steps to Keep Clutter and Waste Under Control
There are some simple steps to keep on top of the clutter and waste that invariably happens at this time of the year. This is not the time to start grand decluttering sessions and further disrupt your household unless of course your guests have left, and you wish to use the last few days of the holiday season to get on top of it all. But by carrying out a few of these quick chores every day, you should be able to keep it all under control.
- By putting items back where they belong is something you can do once a day and will help make your rooms look tidy. Be ruthless when throwing out stuff that you will not use again, and this includes any broken toys.
- Collect all wrapping paper, cardboard, and any other packaging materials ready for recycling. Remember to include those piles of magazines and newspapers you no longer look at into your paper recycling.
- Collect bottles and cans ready for recycling. Contact Little Green Junk if you need help taking any of these waste items away. These items can quickly become a mountain of waste so deal with them timeously.
- Plastic and other packaging can also be collected for recycling. Make it easy for your guests to recycle by placing different colored bins for paper, glass, plastic, and aluminum cans.
- Sweep and vacuum your living areas every day to keep them looking inviting.
- Keep up with the laundry and encourage all family members to help with packing it away every day.
- Straighten up the dining chairs around the table and also the sofas and coffee tables in your living room. This will immediately give an appearance of tidiness and order.
- One thing to keep on top of is the contents of your fridge and freezer. Make sure there are no leftovers lurking at the back of the fridge that you have overlooked. These could soon become moldy and smelly. Check the use by dates on your food and throw out any that have expired.
- The same applies to the items in your pantry. By keeping on top of your groceries, what has expired and what needs to be thrown out, you will ensure that you have space in your cupboards or fridge, you will use your leftover food in time, and this will cut down on your food waste.
Once the Visitors Have Left
This is the time of the year when we express our good intentions on how we want to change the way we do things, and New Year Resolutions are made. Maybe an important one to consider for this next year is to try and make sure that any waste you dispose of is done responsibly and that you recycle your junk as far as possible.
Recycling is an important activity that ought to involve all of us and it is important to encourage it. Make it as easy as possible for you and your family by providing bins of different colors for the different types of waste, and by educating ourselves and our families on why it is so important that we recycle where we can. Old habits need to be changed and replaced with cleaner, greener solutions.
Once you have sorted out your stuff into what can be sold or donated, or if you do not have time for that and you need to just get rid of a pile of trash, consider calling on the services of a professional junk removal company such as Green Junk Removal. We are able to haul away any of your excess trash that may have accumulated after the holidays. We are a professional junk removal company that will arrive on time, load up what you need to get rid of, and haul it away. We recycle where we can and only use the landfill as a last resort, so you can rest assured that your junk will be handled in a responsible manner.
How can Little Green Junk Help After the Holiday Season?
We are a professional company offering waste removal services that are responsible and eco-friendly. We will ensure that we recycle where possible and only send to the landfill as a last resort.
We take all the trash from your holiday cleanout, not only your cardboard and other packaging, but everything else that you need to get rid of. And when you need bulky items like old couches, mattresses, or even a hot tub removed, please give us a call. We also remove any yard waste that you may need hauled away.
Please contact us for an appointment. We will arrive at the time agreed upon, remove your trash, clean up after ourselves, all with minimal disruption to you. We recycle where possible and only use the landfill as the last resort.
- Please call us today on 717 467 0070 for a free, no obligation quote. We look forward to hearing from you.
- We service the areas of York, Harrisburg, and Lancaster.