Junk that Cannot Be Recycled – What Happens to It?March 17, 2023
Construction Debris Removal and DisposalApril 22, 2023
Your attic can be updated and become so much more than a dusty, dumping ground for your household junk. With space at such a premium in most homes, an attic update has the potential to add some valuable space. But even if your attic is not suitable for an update, all it needs is a good clean-out to add much-needed storage space to your home by clearing the attic.
Unfortunately, though, most attics are underutilized. The attic is often used as that space in which we shove those unwanted items from around the house. So even if the rest of the house is spotless the attic may be a different scenario, packed with those items that are not needed anymore.
But with some careful planning, an attic cleanout and subsequent renovation, could result in a much-needed spare bedroom, a playroom for the kids, or an organized storage space. Every home could do with valuable extra space, and this is a practical way of adding some if you are fortunate enough to have an attic.
Whatever you are planning for your attic, you will need to ensure that is safely accessible. Make sure that the fixed ladder into your attic is in good condition. If you need to use a ladder choose a long sturdy leaning ladder. If you use a step ladder, don’t use one that is too short as this may prove dangerous.
If it has been many months since you have ventured into your attic (except to add a box or two of unwanted stuff), one thing you can be certain of is that you will need the services of a junk removal company such as Little Green Junk. There is sure to be a lot of garbage that you no longer want and that needs to be disposed of, and using a professional junk removal company will make your task much easier.
Tried and Trusted Hacks for Cleaning Out Your Attic
- Clear the attic. Move everything out of the attic to give you an idea of the space you are dealing with. If you haven’t been up into the attic for a while, these boxes, suitcases, furniture, books, and whatever else is stored there, are likely to be covered with dust.
- Sort through these contents. The experts will advise you to sort these items into three piles, those that you wish to keep, those that you wish to sell or donate, and those that you wish to toss out. Be ruthless when you sort through this stuff as there is a possibility of moving the clutter from one area to another. If you are intending on renovating your attic into a living space, you will need to find a storage place for these extra items that you wish to keep.
- Clean, dust, and sweep. Preferably wear a mask to protect you from dust and dirt while you vacuum this area. If you have plans for your attic area, this is when your renovations will begin.
- If you are not planning any renovations, take this opportunity to check the condition of the roof, the rafters, and the insulation. If there are any repairs to be made this is the time. If you wish to improve the insulation in your attic this will be money well spent as a well-insulated attic will bring your energy bill down by helping regulate the temperature of your home.
- Check for the telltale signs of any leaks in your roof. Signs of mold and mildew are an indication of excess moisture collecting in that area, so this is your chance to repair any leakages.
- Take this opportunity to inspect for any infestations of insects or other pests in your roof area. These can cause extensive damage to the structure of your home as well causing damage to anything you may store there. Get them treated professionally if you cannot manage to get rid of them yourself.
- Invest in some new robust plastic storage boxes. These will keep the goods that you wish to put back into your attic safely. Packing these belongings properly will keep them from getting dusty and dirty. It will also allow you to optimize the space that is available for storage.
- When repacking your attic place the items that you need more frequent access to where you can reach them easily. By keeping your attic well organized you will find it simpler to use as a storage space, and easier to keep clean.
- Don’t let your attic become a dark, dingy place where your belongings go to die. Instead of undertaking a good clean once every few years, rather make cleaning your attic part of your routine. This will help keep the dust etc. under control, and also allow you to keep track of what belongings you have placed there for storing.
Why Use Little Green Junk for your Attic Clearance
Once you have cleaned out your attic and you need any junk removed, please give us a call. Don’t hang onto anything that you are no longer using just in case you may need it one day. If it has been up in your attic for a year or more, the chances are that you can safely get rid of it.
Our professional team at Little Green Junk will assist you with any household waste removal that you may need. We will always recycle where we can, and if you have waste that is difficult to dispose of, we can help. Our aim is to always ensure that we have a clean community, and to that end, we deal with your household waste in the best way possible.
If you need anything that doesn’t fit into your weekly trash profile removed we are your go-to guys. Our service is reliable and professional, and we leave the area where we removed the waste clean and swept. You can rely on us to arrive on time, even if it is after hours or on a weekend.
If you have a load of waste that you need to be removed immediately, contact us about our same-day trash removal service. We understand that attic trash is something you don’t want to keep for any longer than necessary.
Please contact us today. for a No Obligation quote for your trash removal in the York, Lancaster, and Harrisburg areas.
Phone: 717 467 0070