Hoarder Rubbish Removal, York PAAugust 12, 2020
Waste Management at Home, York PASeptember 27, 2020
Bulky Trash Item Removal
The bulky trash items in our homes are heavy, have awkward shapes, and prove to be challenging to move during home cleanouts, or when they are no longer being used and need replacing. You may be involved in an estate cleanout, or you may be moving to a new home, but when you need to dispose of any of these items it should be done in a responsible manner. We can help you with the removal of bulky trash items.
At Little Green Junk, part of the service we offer to residents of York and surrounds is assisting with bulky trash item removal and disposing of them by recycling where possible. Our experience shows that three most challenging items to move for any reason are:
- A piano
- A hot tub
- A large couch
Here are some of the difficulties encountered when moving these items and how we can assist you in making your life easier.
Challenges in Moving a Piano
A piano is not only very heavy, weighing up to half a ton, but it has an awkward shape. Whether it is an upright or a grand piano, it is very top-heavy and rests on spindly legs that have tiny wheels on them. These wheels are not designed to push the piano further than a few inches, so any greater distance that it needs to be moved will require some specialist equipment to prevent serious damage.
- A piano is an expensive, top-heavy, fragile item that is notoriously difficult to move. Specialized equipment such as furniture dollies for rolling the piano along flat surfaces and heavy-duty straps to secure the piano in the vehicle will be required. At least 4 people will have to assist with the removal, and extreme care must be taken to ensure that it does not overbalance and cause serious injury to someone, or damage to the piano.
- Because the owner of a piano feels an emotional connection to the piano, the moving process can prove to be traumatic in case the piano gets damaged. Therefore, it is recommended to hire professionals to assist in the piano removal.
- The piano should be wrapped in heavy blankets to protect against scratches and bumps. A blanket should also be stuffed into the workings of the piano to stabilize these, and the lid must be locked.
- For the removal, the piano must be placed deep in the truck, and propped up with support before being strapped in securely. Any shift during its journey may cause damage.
As you can see from the above, piano disposal and removal is not an easy task to undertake. The margin of error where damage could occur is great. We strongly recommend using a professional furniture hauling company for your piano disposal and removal.
Hot Tub Removal Guidelines
Relaxing in a hot tub after a difficult day is a perfect way to destress and it is no wonder that their popularity with homeowners is increasing. But when they need to be replaced, or if they need to be moved to your new home from your old home, it can pose a challenge as they are complicated to move.
Even the smaller hot tubs are large and awkward. Hot tubs are also very heavy and can weigh up to 900 pounds. Their shape and size will present a challenge when they must be moved from your home or garden and carried to the removal vehicle.
You may decide to call in a professional company to help with your hot tub removal. At Little Green Junk, we are experienced in bulky item disposal, and can assist you with the job of moving or disposing your hot tub with no stress to yourself.
How to Dismantle your Hot Tub Yourself
Whatever reasons you have for removing your old hot tub, here are some steps to take in preparation for your hot tub removal. If you are using a professional mover, these DIY steps will save some time and can be completed before the removal crew arrive.
- Unplug the hot tub from the electrical network. Make sure to store the power cords carefully.
- Drain the water from the tub. If the hot tub is in your house you will have to use a long hose to lead the water outside. If it is outside, drain it directly into the garden or onto your street gutter if this is allowed.
- Clean your tub following the cleaning instructions and dry it off thoroughly.
Now is the time to call in the removal crew. As professional movers, we have the correct equipment to move your hot tub without any damage to the tub itself, or to your property. Our professional hot tub removal cost will please you. Be aware that cheap hot tub removal quotes may cost you more in the long run through damages incurred to the tub, and its surrounds.
Bulky couches are difficult to move as they have awkward shapes and are heavy to lift. If you have an old couch that you need to dispose of, please be aware that you may not just dump it anywhere. At Little Green Junk we can help you with your couch removal, and we will ensure that it is disposed of responsibly in the correct manner.
Please contact us for a free, no obligation quote when you decide to replace your large, old couch that you don’t need any longer. We specialize in old furniture removal and we will dispose of it in a responsible manner.
We remove all these types of couches:
- Large couch
- Small couch
- Antique couch
- Old and broken couch
- Leather couch
- Material couch
Our professional team at Little Green Junk are your local junk removal company and can assist you with your bulky trash removal. We dispose of your unwanted trash in a responsible manner, recycling where we can in order to avoid trash reaching the landfill. Our prices are competitive, and we care as much about our environment as you do.
We offer reliable and professional bulky trash removal, and disposal services. Please call us when you need anything bulky or heavy removed. We arrive at the agreed time, and we offer after hours or weekend services, and even same day bulky junk and rubbish removal if this suits you better.
Please contact us today for a Free, No Obligation quote for your bulk and trash removal and cleanout in the York, Lancaster, and Harrisburg areas.
Phone: 717 467 0070