Christmas Season Waste – York PAMarch 20, 2021
Waste Affecting Wildlife – Part 1, BirdsMarch 31, 2021
Climate change is evident throughout the world, and unless we start doing something about it as human beings, we are clearly heading for a disaster. After all, human beings alone are responsible for this disastrous extent of climate change, and we alone can do something about it.
This is the time of year when we tend to set goals on how we plan to improve our lives by making resolutions relating to our health, careers, and wealth. It may be a good time to set waste management goals in our homes in addition to other resolutions we make. Recommitting to recycling goals will contribute to reverse climate change, because every little bit helps.
By aiming to actively reduce the amount of trash we throw out every day will show up in the reduced amount of garbage we put out for collection. A plan for the reduction of waste we generate is something we can get our families to buy into.
- Businesses and individuals need to manage their waste in a responsible manner.
- We need to recycle materials such as glass, plastic, aluminum, and paper as they are harmful to the environment if they are thrown away.
- Unfortunately, they tend to land up in our landfills even though they can be successfully recycled.
- But recycling these materials will not only cut down on the amount of trash reaching our landfills but will also lead to a saving of raw materials, including energy, used to manufacture them.
- These steps will reduce the release of harmful greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. This will also protect water sources from any pollution that may leach into the ground around landfills.
How to Reach Your Recycling Goals?
- Your decision to recycle ensures that these materials are not only kept out of the landfills, but will be used to manufacture something new, for example recycled glass can be used to produce new bottles without using the expensive process of manufacturing glass from scratch using raw materials.
- Keep your recycling as simple as possible so that every member of your family finds it easy to follow. Using color-coded bins for the different types of waste work well, even for small children.
- Food waste is a major source of waste in the US, but there are creative ways to consider when dealing with organic waste. Two ideas which would provide you with compost for your plants could be: starting a worm farm to deal with food scraps; and use a composting drum for yard trash.
Composting is catching on across the US. In 1990 we composted just 4.2 million tons of yard trimmings, but in 2017, it had grown to 25 million tons. So this can substantially cut down on organic waste which produces mostly methane gas when it is dumped in landfills, which is not only more potent than carbon dioxide, but it also promotes global warming and climate change by trapping heat in our atmosphere.
- Reusing items can reduce your domestic waste generation. Also make sure that you clean items to be recycled properly, as one item can contaminate an entire load of recyclable materials which will then result in it being dumped in the landfill.
- Hire a professional trash removal company like Little Green Junk to remove household waste that your normal council removers are unable to collect. We are flexible in the size of the waste items we remove. One of our priorities is to keep as much of this waste out of our landfills as possible as we recycle and dispose of your trash in a responsible manner.
Why is Proper Waste Disposal So Important?
There will always be a gap between normal human activity with the use of fossil fuels and tackling the problems of climate change, but living sustainably and managing our waste can go a long way to solving our environmental issues. Our priorities need to be safeguarding our natural resources to minimize climate change so that future generations inherit an environment from us that has clean air and water.
Global warming is affected not only by large industries, but also by the gases released from landfills. So we can all do something about this, no matter how insignificant we feel our efforts are, by reducing the amount of trash we send to the landfill. Organic waste such as food which ends up in landfills release methane gas and carbon dioxide when it degrades. One of the reasons we trash so much food is that we do not eat it before it expires, so a way of solving this is to recycle the food in our fridges so that nothing goes past its ‘use-by’ date.
Climate change is affecting everyone. The extreme global weather conditions cause heat waves, bush fires (forest fires in some areas), and catastrophic cyclones and flooding in other parts of the world.
We know that fossil fuels lead to climate change and these need to be replaced with renewable energy products. We all need to practice responsible waste management to minimize our effects on the environment.
Here are a few easy steps to follow in your home to minimize the effects of climate change:
- The 3 R’s – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Choosing energy-efficient products will lessen your carbon footprint. This can be as simple as choosing low energy lightbulbs.
- Installing renewable energy such as solar panels in our homes will lower your dependence on carbon-producing power.
Why Choose Little Green Junk Company?
As a responsible waste management company, we are continuously looking at ways to reduce the burden of waste disposal on the environment. We share your concerns about the state of our natural resources, and we are committed to removing and disposing of your trash in a responsible manner. We encourage everyone to recycle and reuse where they can, and would like to think that we can assist you to achieve your waste reduction goals.
At Little Green Junk Company our trash removal services in your community are conducted 6 days a week. We also provide a same day junk removal service if so required. As a licensed waste removal company, we collect and dispose of your trash in a responsible manner, recycling where we can.
When you view our reviews, you will notice that customers will tell you that we have a great reputation for excellent customer service. We provide reliable and professional trash removal, and disposal services when you need them.
Please contact us at 717 467 0070 for a free, clear, no obligation quote. We look forward to hearing from you.