Taking the Hassle Out of Your House Clearance. Get Rid of Your Junk PromptlyOctober 24, 2021
Planning Some Demolition and Remodeling? Don’t Forget the Waste CollectionNovember 6, 2021
By spending more time at home during this epidemic, we may have noticed that as a household we have generated more trash than normal. It has therefore become imperative that we consider how to get rid of this junk in such a manner that it does not harm our environment with the junk removal.
So don’t stress, next time you plan a clean out of your home, and you have a pile of junk you wish to get rid of, consider using trash removal services such as that which we offer at Little Green Junk. You can definitely rely on Little Green Junk to remove your trash safely; in fact it is something you can count on.
Thinking of home cleanouts, this is a perfect time of year to be undertaking one. Mostly we speak of spring cleaning, but it is just as important to carry out a cleanout in fall. Summer is over, meaning that we spend more time indoors as the weather cools down. This is a good time to get to those chores done that you may have been putting off for a while. It also makes sense to get your home ready for the holiday season that is almost upon us.
- The beginning of fall is the time to swop out your summer wardrobe and replace it with your winter gear. This is a perfect opportunity to throw out any clothes that you haven’t worn during the last few months, or that don’t fit you anymore. This will make some space available in your closet for those items of clothing that you use and for new clothes.
- Take out your winter sports equipment such as skis, sleds, and everything else that makes winter fun. Check that they are all in good condition and ready for the first snow outing. Pack away your summer equipment such as camping and hiking equipment that you will not be using until next summer.
- Check your pantry and fridge for foods that have passed their use by date. Now is the time to stock up with winter comfort foods such as hot chocolate and soups, as well as your favorite holiday foods and ingredients. The time for entertaining friends and family is getting closer and we need to get ready for preparing all those extra meals and snacks.
- Carrying out maintenance around the home is a necessity before winter arrives. Check out the furnace and carry out any repairs that are needed. Replace air filters and clean the ducts to clear out any accumulated dust and grime. By repairing and servicing the system you will avoid any breakdowns occurring in the middle of winter when you need the furnace the most.
- While you are busy with your fall cleanout, don’t forget to move outside into your garden. Plants need to be cut back, leaves need to be raked up and the lawn may need the last cutting before winter sets in. All this garden waste will need to be removed if you are not composting it. But don’t worry about how you will get rid of it because Little Green Junk can load up and remove any of any organic waste you wish to dispose of.
The holiday season is also the time of Black Friday and Cyber Monday where we see amazing deals online that we cannot resist, but these leave us with heaps of cardboard boxes to get rid of. In fact over the next few months when taking Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the festive season into account, it is the busiest time of the year in terms of online shopping. Unfortunately on the downside, it means that there is a lot of packaging involved, and we need to consider how to best dispose of these piles of cardboard and plastic that our goods arrive in.
It is our responsibility to get rid of these packaging products properly. Throwing out cardboard with your trash is not the right thing to do. Cardboard contains methane which is one of the toxic gases that is released when it breaks down in a landfill. This gas is one of the main contributors to our pollution crisis and ultimately to global warming. Throwing out cardboard is irresponsible and harms our environment and we are exacerbating the problem by adding more and more to our landfills. It is therefore really important to recycle our cardboard waste along with our plastic waste.
The first thing to remember is not to mix up your ‘clean’ cardboard with cardboard that is considered soiled, for example, the cardboard boxes that our pizzas are delivered in. If the two are mixed, the chances are that the entire bundle of cardboard will be ruined, making it impossible to recycle.
The best way to get rid of your soiled cardboard is to use it for composting. This way you will make sure that it is not spoiling a load of clean cardboard, but it is also a great way to recycle your takeout boxes. What a wonderful way to feed your vegetable garden while taking care of a potentially bad pollutant that cannot be recycled.
Clean cardboard is easily recycled, and while this keeps it out of the landfills, it is also beneficial as it reduces the need to chop down trees in order to make new cardboard. So recycling clean cardboard is a must to make a clean environment a possibility and keep climate change to a minimum.
How can Little Green Junk Help with the Trash Removal or Holiday Junk Removal?
We are a professional company offering waste removal services that are responsible and eco-friendly. We will ensure that we recycle where possible and only send to the landfill as a last resort.
We take all the trash from your fall cleanout, so not only your cardboard and other packaging, but everything that you need to get rid of. Old appliances, furniture, and your garden waste, and anything else you want us to remove, just let us know.
Please contact us for an appointment. We will arrive at the time agreed upon, remove your trash, clean up after ourselves, all with minimal disruption to you. We recycle where possible and only use the landfill as the last resort.
- Please call us today on 717 467 0070 for a free, no obligation quote.
- We service the areas of York, Harrisburg, and Lancaster.