Go Off Grid for Environmental ReasonsApril 9, 2021
Responsible Refuse Collection is Tied to a Sustainable Green EnvironmentOctober 4, 2021
Yard Waste Removal Little Green Junk York PA - Keeping our yards looking perfect takes some effort, but when you reap the benefits of a cared for yard, with neatly clipped edges, a lawn that is mowed, and beds filled with healthy looking plants, this effort is worth it. Your family and friends can make the most of the warm, summer weather while enjoying time outside. After all in a few short months’ time, winter will close in, we move inside, and the summer months are a distant memory.
A great looking yard is an asset that shows a proud homeowner who cares about their property and how it looks. Curb appeal adds value to your home, so if you are considering selling your house, this is even more reason to clean up your yard so that you can achieve top dollar for it. No buyer is ever impressed with a scruffy, overgrown garden. First impressions count, so you want these to be good ones that encourage buyers into your home to view the rest of it in a positive way.
Preparing for a Yard Junk Clearance
These are some steps to take when embarking on a yard clearance.
- Make sure that you have the correct equipment like thick gloves, hedge clippers, and a saw. Get your lawn mower serviced and the blades sharpened.
- Have a bin on hand for the clippings and the branches, leaves and twigs. If you make your own compost, prepare an area to deposit organic waste.
- A high-pressure hose will clean any mildew and mold from your porch, any paved areas or garden paths. Keeping your outside areas clean will encourage you and your family to use these during the summer months.
- Check the state of your garden furniture and get rid of it if it is broken. Little Green Junk will remove any broken items from your yard, as well as any old pieces of bricks or mortar that are left over from your yard cleaning efforts.
For a large cleanout of your yard give yourself enough time. Remember to clean out dead leaves and other debris from the gutters and downpipes, as well as cleaning any drains to make sure they are clear for when the rains begin.
Use your hedge clippers and saw to shape up your shrubs, bushes, and plants. A neat garden is easy on the eye and with regular clipping, your bushes will keep their shape.
Clip back creepers that have gotten out of hand. All this organic waste matter can be put on your compost heap if you make your own compost. But if you don’t, this waste can become a problem that needs to be dealt with.
Shape the edges of your beds and spend some time pulling weeds. Unfortunately these grow so quickly with the warmer weather and can quickly get out of control. Weed your lawn before mowing to get rid of them, give your lawn a mow, and your garden should look picture perfect.
This is a good time to decide on removing a large tree that may have become a danger to your house if it falls over in a storm. Or it may have grown so large that it is blocking out natural light from your house. This is probably a job that should be undertaken by the experts. There will be a lot of tree debris that will have to be removed.
Benefits of Using a Professional Waste Removal Company
- Being a responsible home owner and by keeping your yard cleared you are sure to find yourself with a loads of yard waste that you need removed. You certainly do not want this waste either sitting on your curbside waiting for the right day for the municipality to pick it up, nor do you want it cluttering up your garden. A benefit of using our waste removal company Little Green Junk Company York, PA, is that you do not have to wait long to have this waste removed. We can schedule a time to visit your property to load up all this unwanted yard waste and solve your problem.
- You may think that it is cheaper and easier to get rid of this yard waste yourself rather than getting a waste removal company to do it for you. After all, how difficult can it be to load up this waste and take it to the local landfill? But there are many pitfalls to this. First of all, you will have licensing issues, and landfill levies to deal with. Then you will have to load the waste, and some of it may be too heavy to deal with, especially if you have removed a tree, and you need to get rid of tree trunks and stumps.
By using a licensed waste removal company such as Little Green Junk you can rest assured that your yard waste will be disposed of responsibly and efficiently. Our company ensures that this yard waste does not reach our landfills and is recycled for compost. Dumping this type of waste in landfills is bad for the environment as it releases toxic greenhouse gases including methane, which are harmful and add to climate change and global warming.
- So once you have cleared out your yard and piled up the waste you need to get rid of, give us a call and we will make an appointment to haul away this trash and dispose of it properly. If there are any changes to make to the amount you pay, we will agree to these before we remove the trash. Once we have loaded up your yard waste, we will leave the area swept and tidy.
- Please check out our website for reviews left by our clients. We look forward to helping you sort your yard waste problems out.
Please call us today on 717 467 0070 for a free, no obligation quote on yard waste removal. We look forward to your call.