Whether the waste is labelled as toxic and generated from industrial projects, factories, hospitals or whether it is the waste from domestic sources or cleaner businesses, it all needs to be disposed of properly to ensure that we are safe from the danger it presents.
When waste, especially hazardous waste, is not disposed of according to the strict guidelines that exist for this purpose, it can easily enter our environment and can affect us adversely via drinking water and even our food chain if food is grown in contaminated soil or irrigated using polluted water.
Why is it important to dispose of our waste properly?
- Keeping the environment clean not only stops the spread of diseases amongst communities but also means that we can live in pleasant surroundings. Luckily we have a great solid waste disposal system in place in our country that ensures our streets are kept clean and our household trash is collected and disposed of regularly.
- But if you need any extra waste removed from your home, for example after you have carried out a yard cleanout, or you need anything large to be removed such as builders rubble, this is where Little Green Junk can help. We make sure that your junk is removed and disposed of in a responsible manner while ensuring that as little of it as possible finds its way into our landfills.
- As mentioned before, an environment that is not kept clean is a health risk to all who live in it. Certain respiratory diseases and allergies are spread through air that is not pure, so a clean environment will lessen these chances too.
- Proper waste disposal can help improve air and water quality, but importantly it reduces greenhouse gas emissions. By practicing recycling, the need to extract precious raw materials and manufacture them into new items is reduced. Pollution and energy consumption is also reduced which all contributes to a healthier planet.
How do we dispose of our waste properly?
- The best way to practice proper waste collection and disposal is by using the 3R which is Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
Reducing means cutting down on the amount of garbage or waste that we produce.
Reusing means finding ways to use materials more than once.
Recycling means collecting certain types of trash so that a new material or product can be made out if them.
- The aim of recycling is to keep as much waste as possible out of the landfills. Waste decomposes at different rates, with some items like hard plastic taking up to 500 years to decompose. While the waste is decomposing, it releases methane and other gases into the atmosphere which add to global warming.
If the waste is incinerated it releases carbon dioxide and other pollutants into the atmosphere, so it is important to dispose of your waste responsibly so that you can reduce your carbon footprint.
How do we incorporate the 3R’s into our waste management?
- Reduce the amount of garbage and waste you generate by being mindful of not using single use plastic items, take out coffee cups, food containers, and using excess packaging.
- Any of your belongings such as toys, clothing, and furniture items can be reused. Donate them to a thrift shop or sell them online. There is always someone who needs them.
- Make recycling easy at home or in the office. Set out different colored bins to simplify sorting out your waste. Recyclables such as plastic, glass, and paper can be taken to recycling centers where they will start a journey to be changed into items thus ensuring that new raw materials are not used.
- By composting our organic waste such as food and garden waste will keep it out of our landfills. This type of waste releases methane gas when it decomposes in a landfill. You will eventually have a rich fertilizer that you can use on your plants.
How proper waste disposal has a positive impact on our lives
- Keeps our home and office spaces clean and neat. The regular removal of waste ensures that our immediate living and working environment stays organised and pleasant to be in.
- If we have old broken furniture, appliances, building rubble or piles of garden waste in our yards it not only looks unsightly but can provide the ideal breeding conditions for pests and rodents. These pests are undesirable, and they can spread disease and sickness. By getting rid of their nesting places we will promote a healthy environment as well. If you need help with the disposal of any of these items please give Little Green Junk a call to obtain a quote.
- It is important to dispose of any e-waste such as broken electronic gadgets and old computers and TV’s responsibly. They release dangerous chemicals and gases when they are thrown into a landfill and begin decomposing, so please ensure that their components are recycled.
- Throwing bottles and rusty waste metal pieces around can pose a threat to animals and also children who may cut themselves on these items. Please ensure these are recycled correctly to ensure everyone’s physical safety.
- The environment we live in, the air we breathe, and the water we drink benefits the most from the correct disposal of rubbish, and careful recycling. We all want to live in a clean healthy environment, and we wish to leave the planet a better place for future generations.
Why Use Little Green Junk
At Little Green Junk Company York, PA we treat our customers with the respect they deserve, and we are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that they are happy with our service.
We realise that living in a clean healthy environment is what people wish for, and we can help you with clearing and disposing of any waste you wish to get rid of.
When we have completed the job, we will leave that area clean and tidy.
We realise that sometimes you need to get rid of your trash in a hurry, so we offer a same day junk removal service, and we can even accommodate your junk removal after hours or over a weekend if that is what you require.
Please call us today on 717 467 0070 when you need a quote for your trash removal when you undertake your spring clean.