Use a Professional Yard Waste Removal Service to Keep Your Yard Looking PerfectSeptember 30, 2021
Old Mattress Disposal – Some Important Facts to Bear in MindOctober 17, 2021
There is much talk and publicity surrounding our global environment and the effect of waste and pollution on our world. Years of dumping our trash carelessly, allowing industrial pollution to carry on unchecked, and burning fossil fuels to power our vehicles and heat our buildings has brought about a crisis. Climate change has become a reality for all of us, and businesses and residents alike across the country need to make an effort to recycle refuse to create a green community so that we can halt it to preserve our world for our children and their children. Refuse Collection, Junk Removal service offered by Little Green Junk Company York PA.
The amount of waste produced every year in the United States is huge, with about 140 million tons of waste finding its way into landfills. Just over a third of this amount consists of food we throw out, followed closely by plastic, which is just less than 27 million tons. So not only do we have the world’s leading economy, but unfortunately we produce the most municipal solid waste. When other waste categories such as electronic, industrial, medical, and agricultural waste are added, this makes the total waste produced in US nearly 8.5 billion tons annually.
From these statistics it is obvious that everyone has to start taking more responsibility with what happens to their unwanted trash. The Three R’s of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, when applied consistently will make a difference in the way we handle trash, and also how much of it finishes up in the landfill.
Simple Steps to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle We Can Practice Every Day
There are numerous ways in which we can reduce the amount of trash we throw away every day. All it takes is a few simple steps to get started. And bear in mind every piece of material you recycle is one piece less to pollute our environment.
- Start with food waste as this is the biggest source of trash finding its way into our landfills. Just by composting the scraps of food from our kitchens instead of binning them for the municipality to take away, and you will make a big difference to the volume of rubbish you have to get rid of every day. By shopping carefully, and only buying what you need is a way to cut down on the food waste you have to get rid of as well.
- Plastic is the second largest source of waste, and although a large percentage of our plastic waste is recycled, there are tons and tons that find its way into the landfills. Something as simple as bringing your own reusable bags to the grocery store will cut down drastically on the amount of trash sent to landfills. Using refillable water bottles will help, and it is worth being mindful on how you dispose of your plastic soda bottles. The number of plastic bottles thrown away in the US every year could circle the earth 4 times, so bear this in mind when you are tempted to throw your plastic bottle in the trash can instead of in the recycling.
- A substantial amount of paper and paperboard waste found in our landfills could have been recycled. Packaging that is used to ship products from online companies such as Amazon is recyclable, but more than half of these boxes end up in landfills. With the explosion of online shopping during the pandemic, this source of waste will have grown, making it even more important to recycle these products correctly.
- Single use products like takeout containers for food and coffee also add to this environmental problem. Although convenient, if these are not recycled properly, they can contaminate an entire load of recyclable materials which result in it being dumped in the landfill.
- One glass bottle takes about 1 million years to decompose in a landfill, so it is obvious why it is so important to recycle glass properly.
It takes effort to learn and apply these new habits and to get your family or work colleagues to support you by doing the right thing for our environment.
Remember when you decide to get rid of any trash, whether it be from your home, or garden waste, give us a call at Little Green Junk to help you dispose of it safely. Even if you have bulky, heavy items such as a fridge or a mattress to dispose of, it is important that you do so responsibly as these items need to be recycled instead of being dumped randomly in the wrong places. These items have dangerous metals and chemicals that can leach out into our environment, causing pollution to our air and our water supplies.
Electronic waste needs to be disposed of properly, as the components of our laptops, and smart phones, in fact any of the gadgets we cannot live without, are dangerous to our environment if they are not disposed of correctly. Make sure that when the time comes to replace any of these items, you are careful about what you do with the old ones.
Why Choose Little Green Junk Company for Junk and Refuse Collection?
- As a professional waste management company, we are always looking at ways of improving our methods of trash disposal.
- We are a licensed trash removal company who promise to remove and dispose of your trash in a responsible manner.
- We recycle where we can, and only use the landfill sites as a last resort.
- We are based in your community and share your goals for a clean, green, sustainable environment for all of us to live in.
- Our refuse collection and trash removal services are available 6 days a week, and if you have an emergency, we offer a same day junk removal service.
- We clean and sweep the area where we have removed your trash from, leaving it neat and tidy.
- The customer reviews left on our site show that we always try and deliver excellent customer service.
Our contact details are as follows:
Little Green Junk Company York PA
Phone: 717 467 0070
Areas: York, Lancaster, Harrisburg