Responsible Trash Removal – Why it MattersJune 29, 2022
Planning to Renovate Your Home? Follow These Tips for a Successful RenovationNovember 15, 2022
After enjoying the glorious summer months with day trips to the beach or parks, and vacations spent visiting family and friends, the time of the year is upon us again when the seasons change. It is time to go back to work and school, but it is also time to get your home and yard ready to survive the winter and be ready for when the warm weather returns.
Preparing for the Colder Months
The cooler months of fall are with us, the days are becoming shorter, which makes it an ideal time to complete those chores around your house and yard as you prepare for winter and also the upcoming holiday season.
1. Your Outside Living Area
- Before the bad weather closes in, give any outdoor wooden decking a thorough clean using water and dish soap. Let it dry thoroughly before applying a coat of wood sealer which will protect it from water or sun damage.
- This is the perfect time to check your patio furniture for any damage and to get rid of broken chairs or tables. Otherwise, give them all a good clean, making sure that the cushions and seat covers are dry, before storing them safely in a garden shed, basement or in your garage. It is not advisable to leave them outside at the mercy of the elements as they will become damaged by extreme winter weather conditions.
- The same applies to your outdoor rugs. They need to be cleaned, dried, and then rolled up for storage over the colder months. They cannot be left out in extreme weather conditions as they will disintegrate.
- Take the time to remove and store your outdoor string lights instead of leaving them up for the winter time. The bulbs and wiring will get damaged by winds, snow, and rain, so wrap them up and put them away safely before the bad weather starts.
- If you have a hot tub give it a clean and keep the ph. and chlorine levels balanced. If your hot tub needs replacing or if you are considering moving it, this can be an overwhelming task. Hot tubs are very bulky, heavy items that are difficult to move. But if you call us at Little Green Junk, we can help with your hot tub removal and disposal. This is part of our expertise so you won’t regret asking us for assistance with this difficult job.
2. Carrying out Upkeep on your House
- Gutters and downpipes need a clean to keep them working effectively. Blocked gutters or downpipes can lead to the accumulation of water in certain areas which can cause a leak in your roof, wooden trusses or eaves rotting, and even cracks in your foundations.
- Check your home for any signs of a leaking roof. The normal sign is a water mark on the ceiling, or mold growing on it. It is worth getting these leaks repaired before the bad weather begins as they will only get worse with time.
- Clean your windows and doors before the winter sets in. This way your home will look great and will be ready for any guests over the holiday season.
3. Prepare Your Yard
- Give your lawn a last mow and rake up leaves which you can add to your composting bin. Ask your local garden center about fertilizing it before winter sets in. This will help protect the grass roots from the cold.
- Cut back shrubs that have finished flowering and remove any weeds from your beds. Tidying up your garden beds, sweeping your garden paths, and making sure any broken fencing is fixed will improve the appearance of your yard. Little Green Junk can remove any rubble or yard waste, so call us for a free quote.
- Prepare the ground to plant those spring bulbs. There is nothing like a beautiful show of flowers in the spring to chase those winter blues away.
4. Plan Your Garage Cleanout
- This is a good time for your garage cleanout. Get rid of all your old junk by giving us at Little Green Junk a call and we can collect it when it suits you. Clearing out your garage will make space available to store your patio furniture, lights, and anything else that you do not wish to leave outside over winter.
How Little Green Junk Can Help You
During the summer months it is easy to ignore the upkeep of your home and yard as we are busy with vacations, summer picnics, and other fun activities. So it becomes important at the beginning of winter to check our surroundings and decide on the areas that need attention. When the yard trash or any household junk piles up and you need to get rid of it, please give us a call. We are a professional waste removal company with the correct licenses. We will haul away your household and yard trash. We take pride in providing you with a convenient, straightforward waste collection service.
- We can assist you to get ready for the winter season by helping you manage your household trash, removing it and disposing of it in a responsible manner. We recycle your rubbish where we can, and only use the landfill as a last resort.
- We will arrive at the agreed scheduled time and will agree with you if there are any changes to be made before we start once we have seen the size of the job. We can help you over weekends if that suits you better, and we even offer a same day waste removal service for any emergencies.
- We remove any type of household and yard waste, including construction and garden waste. Once we have completed the job, we leave that area of the property clean and tidy.
- Please phone us on 717 467 0070 so that we can give you an accurate quote.
- Little Green Junk Company York PA
- Phone: 717467 0070
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org