When you are planning to relocate, make the process easier (and cleaner) by contacting a waste and junk removal company who may be able to assist you. Moving is a stressful operation, whether it is a move to a new apartment down the hall or a major translocation across the country. In either scenario, plan to move only the belongings that are essential to you and your family. You do not wish to be packing up stuff unnecessarily that you do not need anymore. This is why it is so important to sort through your belongings in good time.
From our experience those folks whose move runs smoothly from beginning to end are those that put the most planning into it.
- When you have your removal date, the first thing to do is to create a list of those items in your house that you no longer need and what you intend to do with them. Decide which of these you want to sell, donate, or trash. So with these three categories in mind, you can begin to sort through your belongings.
- Give yourself time to sort through your things. A move gives you the ideal opportunity to declutter and dejunk!
- Start packing early – the experts recommend starting at least two weeks before your moving day. You will uncover a lot of extra junk while going through your closets, basement, and garage. This is the junk that you do not want to find at the last minute when it is too late to do anything about getting rid of it, and you have no alternative but to pack it up and take it with you where it will just clutter up your new home.
- When you have your move date, organise a junk removal service such as Little Green Junk to come a day or two before to haul away those items that you wish to dispose of. This is the time to dispose of those broken garden chairs, or the fridge that no longer works. In fact all those things that you definitely want out of your life!
- Once you have sorted through your belongings you will have a pile of stuff that you no longer have any use for, but that are still in good condition. These can be sold or donated.
If you decide to sell them, show these goods in their best light by cleaning any furniture pieces, washing any clothes, and making sure toys and kitchen equipment are looking their best. To ensure that you get rid of it all at once, take photos and list them altogether on the platform of your choice. A good tip is to be flexible on your price, especially on the more expensive items like fridges, or sofas. Because if your item doesn’t sell, you will land up giving it away, donating it, or even having to dispose of it. So rather let someone pay less, but at least you will have got rid of it.
- Whatever you don’t sell, consider donating to a charity of your choice or sending it to your local thrift shop. Obviously the items must be in good condition so check that electronic items are working and have all their leads, chargers, etc. It is also worth checking that the items are accepted by the charity of choice, and that they are in a position to fetch them if you are unable to deliver.
- Don’t forget your friends if you are considering donating items. One of them may have had their eye on a particular item that you intend getting rid of and will only be too happy to give it a home.
- Remember to recycle your junk. If you have piles of electronic equipment such as an old fridge, washing machine, or old computers, laptops, and TV’s to get rid of, please make sure to recycle these properly. Little Green Junk can assist with the collection and disposal of these items. Large items such as old mattresses cannot just be dumped, but also need to be recycled responsibly. Please bear this in mind while you are packing up to move.
- Prevent food waste by using up all the food supplies in your freezer, fridge, and pantry. If needed, contact a local charity to see if they have any use for food items you will be unable to use.
- Follow these tips to stay on top of your move by keeping organised and tidy. By keeping calm and on top of things your move should go smoothly.
Why Use Little Green Junk?
As you begin to pack up all of your things, you will realise the amount of unwanted and unused stuff that has been cluttering up your space. Moving or relocating is thus an ideal time to declutter and get rid of all these items. Here is where a professional waste removal company such as Little Green Junk can assist. We will load up and haul away any item that you no longer want. Come moving day, all that you will have left to pack are those belongings that you still want to keep.
We are a professional junk removal company operating in and around York PA. We remove household and yard waste and recycle where we can. We only use the landfill as a last resort, so we have the wellbeing of our environment as a priority by ensuring that as little junk as possible finds its way there.
We are a phone call away, and will arrive at the agreed upon time, load up any of your unwanted junk quickly and unobtrusively, without being a nuisance to you. Once we have completed the job, we clean up after ourselves, and leave that area of the property clean and tidy.
Moving house doesn’t have to be a difficult and stressful experience. With a bit of forward planning and engaging Little Green Junk’s assistance in hauling away your rubbish you can be assured of a successful move.
Please call us today on 717 467 0070 for a free, no obligation quote. Our prices are competitive, and we service the areas of York, Harrisburg, and Lancaster.