Winter is officially behind us, and there is no better time than this to undertake some spring cleaning in your yard. After all, it is not only the inside of your house that needs a good makeover with a mop and a paintbrush. Take advantage of the better weather to make some improvements outdoors. Whether you are planning major upgrades to your backyard or just a general tidy-up, start soon so that it will be ready for summer. And remember if you need any yard waste removed, give Little Green Junk a call.
Where to Begin?
Start by cleaning up any debris that is lying around after the snow and storms of winter which can take a toll on the outside of your house and your garden.
- Clean out the gutters and downpipes. Repair any fascia boards that may be damaged. Using a pressure hose, clean brick paving, roofing, and your swimming pool surrounds.
- Winter storms can cause damage to your roof, fences, or other outdoor structures such as your garden shed. Check your roof for any broken tiles or damaged shingles and get these replaced before those summer storms. Repair broken garden fences and give these a general cleanup such as a coat of paint or varnish to get them looking shipshape before summer.
- Give your lawn some attention by raking it to remove the dead bits. If there are any bare patches sprinkle soil mixed with grass seed and fertilizer over them, keep them moist, and the seeds will soon sprout. Before too long you will have a beautiful green lawn.
- Those winter storms may also have left you with twigs, leaves, and tree branches lying around your yard. Once you have cleared these up you will probably have a pile of yard waste that you need to be removed. This is where Little Green Junk can assist you. We offer an efficient yard waste removal service so that you do not need to worry about the build-up of junk in your yard. We can remove any yard waste quickly before it even becomes a problem.
- Cut back any dying or diseased branches of your trees and shrubs. Trim those that are hanging over your walkways to make your yard look tidy and inviting.
- Prepare your garden beds by cleaning out dead foliage, weeds, and fallen leaves. Visit your local garden center for new plants, shrubs, and flowering annuals to brighten up your yard. Concentrate on your front garden to create more curb appeal.
- Speaking of curb appeal, consider freshening up your entrance by painting your front door a new color, hanging baskets filled with plants to your porch, adding window boxes under your front windows, and planting up some new pots to place along your front walkway.
Once the debris and other yard trash have been removed, and you have completed these basic tasks in your yard, you may wish to consider some exciting larger projects to beautify your surroundings further. There are so many outdoor home improvement projects you could do. The only constraints are your skill level if you are doing it yourself and your budget. But even if these are limited, there are many ways to landscape and improve even the smallest of spaces.
Here are some pointers to follow when planning your landscaping project for your backyard.
- Decide what you want to achieve with your project. Do you want to create a playground for your kids complete with some equipment such as a trampoline, a jungle gym, a slide, and a sandpit? Do you want to create a fire pit table or a ground fire pit for when you entertain your friends and family? Do you want to grow your own vegetables? Create new beds for this purpose or build planters to make planting and harvesting easier?
- Spend time in your backyard when planning your project. Look at the different aspects that it offers. This will help you choose the right location for your project. Is it the view? Is there a beautiful big shade tree that you wish to make more of a feature?
- Choosing the perfect location for your project is closely tied to which part of the garden you want to enhance. Consider the wind and sun patterns and whether it will be too hot in mid-summer or it will benefit from the shade of your tree. A location that catches the wind is not ideal for a firepit, for example, as your fire will be extinguished. It is also not ideal to place your outdoor entertainment area in a windy, hot location.
- If you want to embark on a project that you feel may be too much for your DIY skills, get a quote from a professional builder. It will be worth the extra outlay if it enhances your outdoor living area. It is especially worth it if you spend a lot of time outdoors in the summertime.
How Little Green Junk Can Help with Your Backyard Cleanout
When your yard waste builds up due to your spring-clearing efforts please give us a call. If you intend to take on a gardening or landscaping project you can be sure that there will be dirt and debris from this that will need removing. You may even have some garden waste left over from last summer that you didn’t manage to get rid of. Little Green Junk is able to remove all of these types of junk for you.
We are a professional company offering waste removal services that are responsible and eco-friendly. We will ensure that we recycle where possible and only send it to the landfill as a last resort.
Being in the waste removal business, we remove any trash from your home at any time of year. So there is no need to stress if you are generating extra waste when you decide to clean out your yard or maybe do some paving or other DIY projects.
Please contact us for an appointment. We will arrive at the time agreed upon, remove your trash, and even clean up after ourselves, all with minimal disruption to you. We recycle where possible and only use the landfill as the last resort.
Please call us today at 717 467 0070 for a free, no-obligation quote. We look forward to hearing from you.
We service the areas of York, Harrisburg, and Lancaster.