Construction Debris Removal – How to Dispose of Construction WasteMarch 29, 2022
Concerned About the Growing Waste Problem? Empower Our Kids to Protect the PlanetApril 17, 2022
Has your attic become one of those no-go areas in your house where you put anything and everything that you no longer use?
Has it become a dumping ground for these belongings? Is the only time you spend in it when you dump another box filled with your unused stuff?
If this sounds familiar, it’s time to consider an attic cleanout.
Attics are those areas that we don’t give much thought to. They can easily become the repository to all those items that we do not necessarily want to get rid of immediately but have no storage space for. So the simplest way we have of dealing with these items is to dump them in the attic with the intention of sorting them out at a later stage.
Your attic is hard to get to, and much harder to organise.
Therefore before your attic becomes a source of stress where cleaning out the clutter feels rather like a mountain to be climbed, why not start planning for your attic cleanout beginning sooner rather than later.
Follow These Simple Steps for Your Attic Cleanout
Please be aware that an attic cleanout should be undertaken with your safety in mind. If your attic is difficult to access and you need to carry heavy boxes and suitcases down steep flights of stairs it is important that you do this slowly and carefully so as not to injure yourself.
- Remove as much as you can from the attic as an empty space is easier to clean than one that is cluttered and messy. You will need to make a space somewhere in the house to put the boxes, bags, suitcases or whatever containers you have up there.
- All these containers need to be sorted through and decisions have to be made about what to keep, what to toss, and what to donate. This process will be the most time consuming of your attic cleanout as most of us have items such as old photographs, papers, clothes, and even stuff that we may have inherited from parents or grandparents. These are personal decisions, so be sure to take your time.
- If you haven’t ventured into your attic for a long time expect everything to be covered in a layer of dust. Dust it off from all surfaces, including windows, frames, walls, light fixtures and fans. Wear a mask if it is really bad as it is not healthy to inhale.
- Once you have dusted from the roof down, you will be left with a layer of dust on the floor. Time to bring in your vacuum cleaner. Make sure you reach every corner to get rid of all dust mites, insects and any allergens that may be present in your attic.
- Because attics are dark dusty places it is important to check for any presence of mold or mildew as these are the conditions ideal for their growth. If you find any it may be necessary to call an attic cleaning service to get rid of it. Mould and mildew can cause respiratory infections, asthma, and other allergies.
- This is the time to check for any signs of water leaking through the roof or any windows and to get that repaired. Check all wiring that may run through the attic.
- If you notice any signs of rodent activity such as their droppings or any chewed boxes call in the pest control experts. Check for any damage caused by insects such as moths or ants and eradicate these too.
- If you have piles of goods that you no longer have any use for, call in a professional waste removal company such as Little Green Junk to remove and dispose of them for you.
- Donate unwanted items that are still in good condition to your local thrift shop or charity. There is sure to be someone who needs these items so they will be put to good use.
- As for the goods you wish to keep, they may need repacking into new boxes and containers. Pack them carefully back into your clean attic, remembering to place items that you need more often at the front where they will be easily accessible
Remember, this is your opportunity to turn your attic into an organised, efficient space.
Make an attic cleanout part of your spring cleaning routine that you carry out once or twice a year. This will help keep the dust under control and also alert you to any damage being caused by mould, mildew, or pests.
What If the Attic Cleanout is Too Much for You to Handle?
Clearing your attic out can be a huge job that you do not feel able to carry out. The access to your attic may be too difficult to negotiate, maybe the steps are too steep, or the space is too confined, and you feel you need some assistance.
In this case please give Little Green Junk a call. We offer an attic cleanout service and will dispose of anything you wish to get rid of in an eco-friendly way. We do not use the landfill first but would rather recycle where we can or donate your items that are in good condition where they will begin a second life.
At Little Green Junk Company York, PA we treat our customers with the respect they deserve, and we are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that they are happy with our service.
Once we arrive on site and inspect the extent of the cleanout, we will discuss any changes to be made to the quote with you. Once we have an agreement on the amount, we will start clearing your trash away.
We will arrive promptly at the scheduled time and if we are running late, we will communicate with you. Once we have completed the job, we will leave that area clean and tidy.
We realise that sometimes you need to get rid of your trash in a hurry, so we offer a same day junk removal service, and we can even accommodate your junk removal after hours or over a weekend if that is what you require.
Please call us today on 717 467 0070 when you need a quote for your attic cleanout.