Don’t be a Litterbug! How to Prevent Litter from Endangering Our EnvironmentApril 26, 2023
Installing New Flooring: How to Dispose of Your Old CarpetsMay 7, 2023
A disorganized workspace is distracting. You may be overwhelmed with files, documents, and general desk junk in your office or workspace to such an extent that you find it difficult to get down to work. It doesn’t take long for clutter to accumulate, especially if you are busy. Eventually, you may struggle to find important documents which become misplaced or lost in the general clutter.
If this sounds familiar to you then there are ways to overcome this problem. Minimizing clutter in your workspace will immediately make your working environment a better place to be.
3 Steps to Minimizing Clutter in Your Workspace
- Sort through the papers on your desk or those cluttering up your workspace into two piles: those that need to be filed or put away, and those that need to be shredded.
- Organise projects and even materials that are in your workspace and put them away in a designated storage area or pass them on to the right colleague who should be dealing with them. Managing these tasks as they come across your desk will improve your organizational capacity.
- Take the time to minimize the clutter in your workspace. If you are busy and do not want to take time out of your day to sort it out it will unfortunately soon get out of hand. Rather schedule a time each day, or week, to keep on top of this. It may be easier for you to carry out this first thing each morning, or the last thing before you pack up for the day to clear your desk and your office. If you stick to this schedule you will find that you are more organized and productive.
Working in an office means that you and your employees may be in need of getting rid of items of trash urgently. This is where a professional junk removal company such as Little Green Junk can come to your rescue. We can remove and dispose of these waste items with minimal disruption to your work routine.
These are some of the items that most businesses will have stashed away and that needs to be cleared out.
- Broken electronic hardware. Every office has broken monitors, computers that are out of date or broken, old keyboards, printers, and other office machines that don’t work anymore. These can clutter up the storage space and cabinets in your office and they need to be taken away and disposed of. These electronics need to be recycled properly and not just tossed out with normal waste as their components are harmful to the environment if they find their way into our landfills.
- Outdated technology. These include outdated software discs and CDs. Most businesses have these taking up space in some filing cabinet, gathering dust and most haven’t been used in years as they are obsolete. Time to get rid of these when you next have a good clear-out at your workspace.
- Unused cords and batteries. Most employees will have a few of these stashed in their workstations. Most businesses will also have a box of these somewhere. These are those random cords, obsolete batteries, and other connections that are no longer needed. Removing these will help declutter the office and employees’ work areas.
- Paper. Waste paper can clutter your desk and needs to be thrown out. Sift through documents and file the ones to keep but shred the other ones. Office paper can be recycled, so add it to your weekly recycling. But even though most of our documents are kept on the cloud in many types of businesses there is still a need to keep the physical documents, and often for a number of years. Organizing folders and files efficiently and logically will ensure you stay on top of the clutter from papers and documents. It will enable you to locate any important document quickly too.
Working From Home
Many people work from home and there is a danger that the home office can become cluttered with not only items related to work but even household odds and ends that end up being dumped there. Whether you work from home or commute from an office, a messy, cluttered environment will have the same effect on you: low productivity, and even affect your mental well-being. It is therefore just as important to keep your home office organized.
Clearing out Your Home Office
- Organize any clutter. Separate it into three categories: items you want to keep, items to throw out, and items to donate or sell.
- Go through your paperwork. File those that you need to keep and scrap the rest. Remember that this can be recycled.
- Go through your electronics and other office equipment. Discard any that are no longer working. You need to get rid of them responsibly as they cause serious pollution if they find their way into a landfill. Little Green Junk is a professional waste company that can help you with the removal and disposal of any of your unwanted electronics.
- If you are renovating your home office and intend to replace home office furniture or any bulky office equipment with new items don’t let the old items clutter up your space. Little Green Junk can dispose of them for you. We will load up the old pieces with minimal disruption and dispose of them by either recycling them if possible or only using the landfill as a last resort.
Little Green Junk Removal Company
We know the benefits of recycling or donating your obsolete office furniture and equipment, and we can help you with the removal and disposal of these items. We make your cleanout easier by hauling away any old equipment and furniture that you consider waste or junk.
We treat our customers with the respect they deserve, and we are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that they are happy with our service. Once we arrive on site and inspect the extent of the cleanout, we will discuss any changes to be made to the quote with you. When we have an agreement on the amount, we will start clearing your trash away.
Once we have completed the job, we leave that area clean and tidy.
We realize that when you need to get rid of any unwanted office equipment or general clutter in a hurry you need action. So we offer a same-day junk removal service, and we can even accommodate your junk removal after hours or over a weekend if that is what you require.
Please call us today at 717 467 0070 when you need a quote for any junk removal requirements.