What to Do Whilst at Home – Time for a Good Clear OutMarch 25, 2020
Garbage Removal Companies and the Covid-19 PandemicJune 23, 2020
Junk Removal York, Lancaster, Harrisburg
Are there piles of trash in your home, yard or office that you need to get rid of because they are beginning to look like an eyesore? Are you needing to clean your house out in order to decorate, or are you moving to a new house and need residential junk removal? Are you just spring-cleaning? Unwanted garbage that is neither used nor needed anymore, can present a struggle when you are planning a move or just a big clear-out. The home junk removal and the disposal of this unwanted stuff can feel overwhelming. A Junk Removal company may be the answer to make your life easier.
Figuring out how to dispose of your junk that has built up over sometimes years, is problematic and stressful. Are you unable to use your garage for its intended purpose of parking your car because it is used as a dumping ground for any piece of junk coming out of your home? Is it packed with stuff you no longer need or use like broken kitchen appliances, old electronic equipment, broken garden appliances and all kept in case you may need them one day? It eventually becomes an overwhelming muddle that is difficult to face.
Here are some Tips to Assist with your Garage Clean Out.
- Put aside enough time for your junk clean-up. A weekend could be enough.
- Move each item onto the driveway and create three piles as you go: Keep, recycle/donate, toss
- Make sure not to keep anything you have not needed in the last 6 months, including those old appliances and electronic equipment and devices. Be ruthless and toss them.
- Return your “keep” pile to the garage.
- Place your smaller “toss” items in your normal trash bins to put on your curb for waste collection.
- Your next challenge is disposing of the larger “toss” items in the third pile. Doing this junk hauling yourself can prove a costly, time-consuming challenge. These items must be disposed of correctly within strict local government guidelines using licensed dumps or landfills. Non-compliance with these trash hauling laws can result in a heavy fine. One of the solutions is to order a dumster that you can fill with your own garbage. Another solution is to use a professional trash removal company who would have the relevant licenses for your junk removal. They will also be able to advise you which items could be recycled or donated, and which items they would dispose of in the legal manner.
While you are in clean-out mode, look around other spaces in your house that may need a junk clean up. Could your house do with a basement cleanout? Have you checked the closets or storerooms in your home recently? All those places that have been used to dump unwanted items over time. There is sure to be junk that can be tossed or recycled. Take this time of the Covid-19 pandemic, when we must all stay at home and practice social distancing, as an opportunity to clean out these spaces of trash and clutter in and around our homes. Maybe we can use this opportunity while we are encouraged to socially isolate, positively, to clear out and de-junk our homes and our lives.
Helpful Hints if you use a Garbage Pickup Company
- Keep all the items you wish them to remove for you in one space. This ensures the team from the junk removal company has easy access to the trash and will save them time, while you save on labor costs.
- Professional junk haulers will ensure their actions are as environmentally responsible as possible. Your junk will be removed and disposed of in an accountable manner to registered and official landfill sites and dumps or recycled in a responsible manner.
- They will be able to advise you which items could be recycled/donated to charities. Items such as books, clothes, kitchenware and furniture in good condition can all be donated. This will reduce the amount of trash to be removed and save money.
How to Choose a Waste Removal Company
It is important to ensure the junk removal company you choose is reputable and disposes of junk in a responsible and legal manner. As the owner of the trash, you will be liable for damages if it is illegally dumped or fly tipped.
- The first thing you must do before you hire a trash removal company is request their proof of registration. They ought to be registered or belong to a reputable trade body. They also ought to be registered at your local municipality’s offices.
- If you have an unexpected offer to remove your rubbish you should probably refuse especially if the cost is too good to be true. Cheap trash hauling will no doubt mean that the trash removers are cutting corners as to where they dump trash.
- You must be supplied with proof of where they are taking your trash for disposal, which official landfill or which other legitimate disposal facility they use. You also need to know what they intend to recycle.
- Insist on being supplied with an invoice and a waste transfer note. A receipt must include a description of the waste being removed.
Junk removal is a vital part of our lives in ensuring our environment is kept clean and disease free. The importance of correct disposal methods cannot be overstated as landfills are overflowing as a result of us generating more and more trash. It is so important for us to all start recycling more so we can achieve clean surroundings. Our day to day waste management services offered by our councils and municipalities goes a long way to achieve a clean environment. If we choose a junk removal company, it is our responsibility to ensure that they are professional and reputable.