Trash Clearance of Bulky Items can be Challenging. When to Call In the ExpertsNovember 12, 2021
How to Take Positive Actions and Reduce Our Carbon Footprint to Minimize our Personal ImpactDecember 6, 2021
Whether you are dealing with the day to day management of your business waste or you need help with a once off event such as moving your business from one premises to another, if you can rely on the assistance of a professional waste removal company your task at hand will seem easier.
Management of Business Waste
Business waste is any trash or junk that is produced by commercial entities. Every industry has their own type of business waste, but it all needs to be collected and disposed of responsibly, so it is important for all businesses to have a waste management strategy.
Reduce, reuse, recycle is not only a mantra that is relevant to our homes, but is especially relevant to our industries as well. Even the most innocuous items have been singled out as being especially bad for our environment. Items such as single use plastic grocery bags, plastic straws, takeout containers, and hot drink containers have all become red flags to the destruction of our environment and their disposal needs to be managed.
There are various types of business waste that needs careful management, and it is becoming more important to be responsible about this waste disposal as there is pressure from our customers and clients to become aware of the effect our products have on the world around us.
- Recyclable waste such as paper, plastic, cans, and cardboard which can be separated into containers and collected easily. Almost all businesses will produce this type of waste.
- Food waste is produced by restaurants and bars and has to be disposed of carefully to keep the environment around them clean and uncontaminated. Most offices will also produce food waste and left-overs from employees having their meals at work. This waste should be kept separate from the recyclable waste so that it doesn’t contaminate it.
- Glass waste will be generated from industries such as restaurants and bars, but also from other businesses.
- Hazardous and medical waste has to be collected by specialist companies.
It is important to store your business waste safely and to ensure that the trash collection companies you use to remove it, are fully licensed. There are benefits to improving the waste management of your business. Not only will you improve the quality of the workplace, but you will boost the image of your brand with your customers. So not only are you doing the right thing for the environment by recycling your business waste, but there are also economic benefits.
Moving to a New Office? How to Ensure Your Business Survives the Move
Moving to a new premises is stressful to you and your employees so any advice on how to make this experience easier may be welcomed. So once you have secured your new office space and given notice to your present landlord, you can start with the planning of your move.
- You will need the support of your employees, so getting their buy-in early on to your relocation plans will help prevent the water cooler gossip and rumors which can upset the balance in your office. If everyone knows early on where the new office is located and what is expected from each one in the months leading up to the big move in terms of packing up, this will help prevent any anxiety. Some of them may need to change their transport arrangements to and from the office every day. Some of them may be worried that they may lose their jobs, so it is up to management to keep everyone informed and happy.
- Give yourself plenty of time to plan your move as there is an enormous amount of organisation needed for a successful move. Once you have secured your new premises make sure you have enough time to work out your notice, so you do not break your lease and possibly incur penalties.
- Find a furniture removal company to suit your needs. After all, a business that has bulky machinery that is used for manufacturing will need a different removal company to a company that has office equipment and furniture to move.
- Timing is important so find a company that is flexible and that can fit into your schedule. At Little Green Junk Company our philosophy is to move you with the least amount of disruption to your business. If this requires that your move be after hours or even over a weekend we are able to do this. Our crew will arrive as scheduled, move your goods, and even leave the area where we have worked clean and tidy.
When You Need Office Waste Removal or Furniture Removal, Give Little Green Junk a Call
Whether you are moving your entire office to a new venue, or you need office junk removal services, you can rest assured that at the Little Green Junk Company we will provide you with a friendly, professional service that is both cost effective and environmentally friendly.
When considering your business waste management, we can assist you when you need your office furniture moved. Or if you are just getting rid of old furniture and equipment, we can assist with the recycling and clearance of your electronic equipment and furniture. So if you need furniture removed and disposed of, we will recycle where we can and only use the landfill site as a last resort.
We are proud of our reputation for excellent customer service. We provide reliable and professional office clearance service at a cost-effective price so please call us first any time you need office clearance services. We will arrive punctually at a time agreed upon, even if it is over a weekend. We even offer same day waste removal if that is what you need.
We operate in and around the York PA area, and cover Harrisburg and Lancaster.
If you need a quote, please contact us today.
Phone: 717 467 0070 We look forward to hearing from you.